Rules of the Award
PA OF THE YEAR AWARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE RULES BELOW APPLY TO THE 2019 EDITION OF THIS AWARD
Rules 1 – 6
Excluded from participating in the Award
- PAs who work for companies or organisations who sponsor the award.
- PAs who are currently officebearers or members of PAFSA teams/committees.
- PAs who have been in a judging/assessment panel for PAFSA in the three years preceding the current year.
- PAs who have been elected as a titleholder of the PA of the Year Award previously.
- PAs who hold office in another PA Association or a constituted public group associated with the PA profession.
- PAs who in the current year hold an Award title bestowed by another PA Association or officially constituted public group associated with the PA profession.
Rules 7 – 9
- All candidates for the PA of the Year® Award have to be nominated by another person.
- Where a nominee receives more than one nomination, the first nomination received will be considered as the official one.
- Nominees are contacted by PAFSA and have to accept or decline, in writing, whether they wish to participate.
Rules 10 – 12
- On accepting to participate in the Award, nominees receive information regarding the participation requirements.
- All documents required, have to be submitted by the specified deadline.
- Documents will not be returned.
Rules 13 –16
The 9 semi-finalists:
- The Assessment committee’s decision of the 9 semi-finalists is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Semi-finalists will be notified and their names will be published.
- Semi-finalists have to complete a second questionnaire in order to be considered for the final stage.
- Semi-finalists have to submit a hi-res quality head and shoulder colour photograph.
Rules 17 – 21
The six finalists:
- The Assessment committee’s decision of the 6 finalists is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The six finalists will be notified and will deliver a presentation in front of their peers and final judging panel on 4 September 2019, national Secretaries Day.
- Finalists are responsible for their own travel (and accomodation) arrangements, to and from the venue, for the final round on 4 September 2019 in Gauteng.
- No finalist may be nominated or re-entered for a period of 3 years.
- The prizes for finalists are not transferable.
Rules 22 – 25
The elected titleholder:
- The judges decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The elected PA of the Year, as a new role model, is expected to undertake some public speaking engagements as requested by the marketplace.
- The prizes for the titleholder are not transferable.
- The title is for life. A titleholder cannot be nominated again.